Monday, August 6, 2007

Only 4 weeks left until school starts......

Hard to believe that summer has gone by so fast. If you didn't get outside this weekend, you missed a fantastic 3-days. Oh, did I say 3-days! Yup. I played hooky on Friday and went over to Lake George, NY. Met up with longtime friends and spent the weekend in the water.

Now, keep in mind, winter is less than 90 days away(assuming the season starts at the beginning of November), so the weekend was not all lounging and drinking. I went running on Sat and Sun morning...after the humidity broke. Saturday afternoon I hopped on my Laser and sailed all afternoon....the wind was fantastic..... and the water was warm, warm, warm. What a perfect afternoon.

Which brings up the topic of sunscreen. No matter how diligent you might be when applying sunscreen.....Mother Nature and the sun god always find the one spot that you missed. The back of my right arm....needless to say....it was crispy on Saturday night. I thought I'd slathered every piece of exposed skin.....even my feet were covered. I'm blaming the burn in "life vest rub". It simply wore off the sunscreen.

And lastly.....I can't believe there's only 4 weeks until the kids go back to school.....and for some towns it's even earlier. Oh well, all good things must come to an end. I hope they enjoyed summer camp, soccer camp, sailing camp, lacrosse camp, hockey camp, horseback riding camp, etc. Whatever happened to the daily rec department program and swimming at the local lake......everyone is so programmed these days.

So remember, get out there and exercise. Winter is coming fast and you want to be in good shape for your first turns of the winter.

-Dex

No comments: