Wednesday, March 5, 2008

One word: WOW

This is the east coast right? And in the Northeast the weather is fickle, plain and simple. One minute sunny, one minute snowing. Today? Case in point.

I'll admit it. I did not want to ski this morning. It was drizzly, it was damp, it was foggy...just not the ideal day. But, I signed up for WAA WAA (Women's Alpine Adventures) and I LIVE for this program every year. It's amazing what you can do for your skiing with a few days, a small group and a fantastic instructor. (Sorry guys girls only this time.) Anyway, if I were to wimp out, I wouldn't be able to show my face the next morning. So I dressed, headed out and decided to make the best of it. Let me tell you, the best is exactly what we had. The snow was absolutely amazing!

Hands down, we skied through more than I thought was possible in one day. From drizzle, fog, sleet, snow, and freezing rain (can I say microdermabrasion!)... to a little wind, more snow, a few peaks of sun (yes I said sun)... and call it a day. It was insane.

But you know what? My skiing is better for it. It was fun, I learned a ton, and we had the whole mountain to ourselves. So all of you fair weather skiers, take note: if you're willing to brave the elements on a day like today, the mountain will reward you.

Time to head off and get the boots on the drier and wring out my gloves - tomorrow should be awesome!

No comments: