Friday, December 19, 2008

I am NOT a Root Vegetable!


That's right, I am a tuber. I am not a potato or other rhizome-type of plant product. I happen to enjoy alternative types of snowsports as well as skiing. On certain days, I am proud to say that I am a tuber. I love the thrill of flopping down on an inflatable inner tube-type snow sled and sliding downhill in a specially prepared lane with other like-minded snow tube enthusiasts.


Okemo started to offer afternoon tubing a couple of winters ago and it was received with an inflated sense of enthusiasm. We're gearing up again and tubing operations will begin on the day after Christmas and run through Dec. 30 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Jackson Gore base area. Then on New Year's Eve, you can almost tube your way into the new year with hours from 3 to 8 p.m. Then on Jan. 1 through 3, it's back to 3 to 6 p.m. Still haven't had enough inflatable fun? Okemo will round out the holiday week with tubing on Sunday, Jan. 4 with tubing from 3 to 5 p.m.


Look for more tubing on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the winter season.


Tubing rates and times, as well as information about other alpine alternatives, are posted online.


No comments: