Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stick Season Special at Spring House

The leaves are gone and the sticks are showing here at scenic Okemo mountain. Unfortunately, the sticks are legs. Chicken legs. They're in a desperate state of atrophy after a summer of reading about skiing and riding rather actually skiing and riding. Looks like disc golf lunches didn't do enough to keep the legs in shape for crushing bumps on the Plunge and ripping the tree lines at the Gore. It's really quite depressing. I suspect I'm not the only one in this condition.

My old man always said "If you're gonna talk about it, be about it." Leave me alone Dad! I'm going to do something about it. I'm going to start hammering the quads with squats and leg presses, and ramping up the incline on the ellipitcal. I will punish myself to get ready for the season starting...now.

Luckily, it won't cost me an arm and a (stick) leg. The Spring House pool and fitness center at Jackson Gore is offering a $6 midweek day pass from now until 11/25. Six bucks, tax included. From open 'til close. Every Monday - Friday.

That's 15 days worth of torture that I can endure to make sure I'm ready to hike that Sobe S-rail one more time to finally clean the whole thing this winter. I'm sure I'll get it this year.

Come on down and work out with me for $6. Or go for a swim. Or hit the sauna. I'll be the one on the step with the dumbbell crying and sweating...but not stopping!!

Starting...now.

No comments: