Friday, January 22, 2010

Perfect Snow, Perfect View, Perfect weekend ahead!


I must admit, it's been a week or so since I have had a chance to get on snow (I know, I work here, what am I crazy?). Let me tell you this. It was worth the wait. The snow conditions today were epic. I mean amazing. I just got my planks back from a tune and they skied like I was on rails. The snow is soft and forgiving, but firm enough to be fast. With a fresh coat of wax, VERY fast.

We did take our time for a run as we made our way down Mountain Road from the top of the Glades Peak Quad. Stopping to take in the breathtaking views of the Adirondacks as well as the White Mountains and a great view of Mount Washington. I then found some fresh powder in the trees before making it back to Mountain Road for the trip down to the bottom.

This weekend the forecast is calling for much of the same. Sunny, warm, perfect. I'll be sure to get out again first thing tomorrow to carve up some of the great trails, and then stop in at The Sitting Bull for lunch. We'll be serving up some of The World's Best Cheddar tomorrow - menu TBD, but it will include Cabot Cheese in some way or another. If you miss lunch, be sure to grab a free sample on your way out of the clocktower base area tomorrow afternoon. The Cabot Shredders will be on the hill before sampling the World's Best Cheddar at the bottom.

No comments: