Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yo! Da Smokey Jo's cheesesteak is the bomb!




Yo - I was born in Philadelphia moved to Chicago and then back to Philly for 16 years. I went to college at Drexel University and have worked for the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, Phantoms and Kixx (major indoor soccer). With that said, I know the city well and consider myself an expert in cheesesteakology. I have my favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night spots to score great cheesesteaks. If your ever in Philly my favorites are Jim's on South Street and Delessandro's in Manyunk. Don't be fooled by Pat's or Geno's they are tourist traps!

My new rule is - Anyone who comes up from Philly to visit must bring a cheeseteak to gain entry into my home.

Now you may say - "Ok where is he going with this?" A few years ago, I moved to Vermont and have been on a search for a killer cheesesteak.
It took a few years, but I finally found it. This cheesesteak resides in the SugarHouse at Okemo Mountain Resort. Smokey Jo's BBQ, out on the SugarHouse deck, has it dialed in.
This is a cheesesteak Rocky would be proud of!
Yous guys should definitely swing thru and try one!

No comments: