Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Finally...

...got to take my first turns of the season! I've been sitting in my office like a caged tiger since Friday and today was finally the day. And snow? Boy do we have snow. I bet this storm dropped upwards of 4-5" up top. Hats off to Mother Nature. Coverage was excellent.

Do you ever get that feeling, though, on that first trip out each season...."Am I going to remember how to do this?" The first run is always interesting, but by the bottom you start to get back into the groove. I guess skiing is a lot like riding a bike, not really something you forget.

My first trip up the Northstar was with a few girls from the Cannon Mountain ski team. They were participating in a two-day Turkey Day Training Camp. Sounds like the perfect way to spend the holiday to me.

My trail pick goes to Sapphire. Lots of snow, plenty of room to turn. And lots of tricks to watch as practice continues for Saturday's rail jam. If you're a jibber you should check it out - its open to all abilities and the purse is $500! Check the events calendar for details.

Anyway, the fun is offically over. I have to get back to work.

No comments: