Monday, November 24, 2008

Investment Advice???

You can't deny that times are tough. I get that, really I do. But there is just something about booting up, hopping on a chair lift and riding to the top of a mountain - especially on a Monday with bright blue skies and crisp, cold air that makes it all go away.

I also love chatting with people on the chair - and today was no exception. Today's conversations quickly focused in on the tough economic times and all the
'doom and gloom' in the news... but in one case quickly turned to excitement as it was this gentlemen's first trip to the mountain for the season. (I had just taken my very first run down Sapphire and was equally excited about the snow - see photo!) He mentioned that he had brought along three teenage girls - who evidently had just finished their final exams for the semester and were here to celebrate. "Let the celebration begin!" I thought.

But in that same vein he offered that no matter lies ahead this winter, his ski budget had been set aside... and if that meant he'd drive a Volkswagon instead of a BMW, so be it, because that was the investment that provided him the best return on his money.

So while I wasn't particularly looking for advice on my 401K, I think I scored some pretty solid advice.

What do you think?

No comments: