Sunday, February 10, 2008

snow, glorious snow


There's an adage that goes, "you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

Snowy days call for cocoa (or as we say around here - cocokemo), so I took a stroll to Base 68 for a steaming cup of chocolate goodness. As I was headed toward the door, a co-worker came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "now I've heard it all," he said. "I just overheard someone complaining that there's too much snow out there!"

So, for those of you who might happen to agree with that sentiment, I apologize. I'm sorry our snowmaking team has turned nearly half a million gallons of water into a substantial base of snow, covering more than 600 acres. I'm sorry for the 20 inches of fresh powder we've received this month (and we're only a week into February). I regret that our groomer operators aren't plowing the snow off the trails and grading the packed powder down to the soil surface to make you feel more at home - you know, like it is at the mountain where you normally ski. I know you're longing for those low trail counts of early last winter, and waxing nostalgic over those hard-earned core shots you got got out West last April. You're right - there's a ton of snow out there right now. Fresh powder on corduroy is a real hardship. It's deep and soft - not the sort of thing you're used to. Cheer up, and better luck next year.

No comments: