Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What's in a name?

It's a pretty quiet day here at Okemo, so I decided to take this opportunity to jump on board the blogging bandwagon. As a contributor to this new form of communication (new for me, that is) the first order of business was coming up with a handle (I hear that's cool lingo for name). I like to think that I'm something of an optomist - always looking on the bright side and trying to stay positive. I guess it takes someone with a sick sense of optimism to work in the ski industry and I go into every winter season certain that this is going to be the best one yet ... best snow, best weather, best apres parties ... you get the idea. There's an old adage - that every cloud has a silver lining. So on this day, as a giant cloud was hovering over the summit of Okemo Mountain when I drove to work this morning, it seems fitting to call myself Silver Linings. Don't go thinking that all you're going to get from me is a bunch of sacharine-sweet, candy-coated yadda yadda yadda. I like to tell like it is ... you'll just have to remember that I'm a glass-half-full sort of person. Cheers!