Friday, June 8, 2007

what's the magic number?

all these posts "bLOGGERS" talking about summer and the future....blah, blah, blah. When's it gonna snow? That's all that matters to me. Riding my bike around the green mountains of Vermont, running up and down the local roads and hills, swimming, canoeing, mowing that yard....all these things simply fill the time while I wait for winter to return..... and it always returns.

Here's my magic number for today 139! That's my guess for the number of days until the snowguns turn on again.

This summer I am refusing to take the snowtires off my truck and my 4 sets of skis are still waiting for their "summer" waxing. (I just can't bring myself to put them away). The best part about summer, is putting all my ski clothes in the cedar lined sweater chest upstairs in the back room....because in October everything will smell like cedar.....what a great smell....flashback....to childhood. Actually, that's a lie......when I was a kid, my parents stored everything with mothballs.....you could smell us coming into the baselodge from a mile away.

gotta go....it's "Who Cares" Friday....so I'm outta here.

No comments: